Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Garden Glory

This year we started our first garden. It has been wonderful. We have so many tomatoes, green beans, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, cucumber, jalapenos, onions, cherry tomatoes and soon we will have potatoes, and butternut squash. My new favorite thing is every evening I go out and pick all the produce usually I am out there by myself I just find it so relaxing and satisfying, we grew all this! Everything is just so yummy and Peter makes such great salsa and spaghetti sauce. So far we have made pickled jalapenos, salsa, spaghetti sauce with no canned tom just fresh, mozzarella and tomatoes, vegetable stew and BLT's. We just love summer food!!

Our lovely tomatoes

Peter's incredible salsa, he is so talented.

Just a few of our vegetables.

4 comments:

Erin said...

You sure did plant a lot. Our garden hasn't done as well this year. We're just finally getting some tomatoes. I'll have to try some of this famous salsa. Looks good.

Malmstroms said...

What a domestic queen! Thanks for sharing the yumminess with us. We miss you, lets hang out!! Has Pete gone back to school?

Shirley said...

Looks Delicious!

Jones Family said...

Wow! I was glad to hear the picked jalepenos worked out! Delish!