Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Destruction Baby!

Who doesn't love destruction! Last Wednesday me, my mom, Aydan, and Becca went to the Davis County Fair demolition derby. I was pretty skeptical, I kept asking my mom how it worked. Do they really just crash into each other, this makes no sense, how could this be fun. Then it started and it was wonderful, it was incredible. To see cars slam into each other breaking steel, the smoke, the fire and the destruction was breath taking. I even lost my voice I was screaming and laughing so hard. It was the most fun I have had in a long time, I am now a true lover of the demolition derby. Oh what fun!!

Oh the sweet smell of twisting steel!


This car actually hit the other car hard enough to flip it over! The highlight of the evening!


Aydan, Annie and Becca.


My mom Jane and Becca.

Cute Aydan with grandma's sunglasses.



3 comments:

Erin said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to one of these. We should take the boys together next year.

Malmstroms said...

I cannot believe you have never been to a derby! I am glad you liked it. They are a favorite family activity at our house. We were so sad we were out of town for this one so we went to Logan instead! I hope you had as much white trash goodness at yours!!

Lorri Love said...

I left town before I got to thank you for taking Becca to this. She absolutely LOVED it!!! She could not stop talking about it - next year I'll have to join you. Thanks!!!