Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Girls Weekend




Over Labor Day weekend I was able to go to California with my sister-in-law, MiRanda and her friend, Lorena. It was great! MiRanda called on Saturday at 9 am and asked if I wanted to go to Disneyland....today. I like being spontaneous so of course I said yes. And we were at the airport flying to California that same day at 1 pm. We stayed close to everything, 10 minutes to the airport, 20 minutes to Disneyland and 30-40 minutes to Santa Monica Beach and Newport Harbor. We spent Sunday afternoon at Disneyland. We were so lucky we didn't have to wait in any lines. We pretty much rode all the rides. The best ride Splash Mountain the worst ride Winnie the Pooh. Don't ask me why we decided to go on that lame ride. It was the worst 5 minutes of my life. I know I am being dramatic but it really was not good! Lorena was the smart one and decided to use the restroom instead of riding Winnie the Pooh.
Later that day we rode down to Santa Monica Beach. We ate at Bubba Gumps, best shrimp I have ever had, and I got a sweet Bubba Gump hat. Then on Monday we went to Newport Harbor for some shopping, lunch and the beach. The beach was beautiful, I could have sat on the beach and people watched all day. My favorite is the smell of the ocean, I love that salty smell.
I also was able to meet "Patty", the lovely navigator on Lorena's phone. It was awesome to have her tell us exactly how to get around in California. California is a crazy place to drive, Patty made it so easy. Oh how I miss Patty telling me how to drive.
I had such a great time. Thank you MiRanda for inviting me and giving me the break that I needed!
Coming soon (when I can figure out how to download the videos) the hitchhiker that joined us in California.



3 comments:

Malmstroms said...

No Way! I had wondered where you were that weekend. That sounds so fun. I want all the in depth details-so much fun. I am so jealous.

Britters and Parx said...

oh you are too cool! I always knew that I liked you!! haha!! How freakin fun! I love spontaneous things like that! =)
Brittany

The Wiseman Life said...

Honestly that was so fun...i say we do a trip like that every year!!!!