Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Exhausted

I have not slept for over 4 months. I am not kidding. Sam has yet to sleep through the night, or even six hours. He usually gets up every 4-5 hours. Not to mention the times I get up to give him his binky so I don't have to feed him again. At first I thought well he has been sick once he feels better he will sleep. NOT the case. Now I think he might be teething. So not only is he up twice a night he no longer takes very good naps. So I get to enjoy Sam 24 hours a day without a break. I mean I know he is cute, smiley and laughing a lot and who wouldn't want to spend 24 hours a day with him? ME that's who, it would be nice to have at least 10 mintues to myself. This weekend I thought why am I making such a big deal over not sleeping. Sam is our last baby so I should enjoy the time I get to spend with him, eventually he won't need me as much and he is growing up so fast. I thought I will have a positive attitude and enjoy getting up with Sam, he is very precious. Well that was Annie on sleep. Positive, thinking who needs sleep. That previous night was our anniversary so we had left the boys overnight and I had received a great nights sleep. So the morning came and I was all missing my boys and grateful that I could spend time with them. Well obviously that has worn off. I NEED MY SLEEP!! I mean how much time do you really need to spend with your kids? Seriously I barely have time to eat, and sometimes I don't eat until dinner. Well that may be because I am not a good eater, I am a little too picky, so that is probably my fault. But the constant tiredness, irritability and my short temper I blame on the lack of sleep. And just think as I am writing this short blog I hear Sam crying. Surprise, surprise it has been less than 30 minutes and he is up from his nap. Okay seriously I am going insane. I think I shall curl up in the fetal position and cry. Anyone is welcome to join me, misery loves company. Please exuse my bad attitude, I am happy that I have my boys and I do have a great time spending time with them, but sometimes being a mother is too dang hard!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The joys of motherhood. That is what makes me weary of having another child - the sleep factor. Hang in there and hopefully it will get better soon. Hopefully. :)

Jones Family said...

Being a mom is quite the adventure! Bring Sam and Aydan over- Aydan can play with the trains in the basement (you know he loves it!) and Sam can just hang out with me and Lyv while you go have a two hour nap. Ahhh. Now isn't that better.

Yes. I am serious.

Malmstroms said...

So, I am generally ornery and tired, so bring them to my house and it will not change my attitude!! We would love to have them. Let's leave our children home tonight and stay out late doing whatever we want!!!!

Shirley said...

Yuck!!! Yes you do need your sleep! I know start working nights with me I will take your patients and you sleep... but then the next morning you will have to deal with ALL of your boys! :)
Shirley

Erin said...

Here, Here. I TOTALLY am feeling what you are feeling right now. Come over, we'll go for a walk, and complain and cry together. Thanks for your honest post. It was nice to hear. And it made me laugh.